camping lanterns have been lighting campsites for generations. The
propane camping lantern is practically an institution itself. When
choosing a propane camping lantern, there are several factors to consider:
· Ease of use – some propane lanterns require matches
and others have a battery-powered ignition. All propane lanterns
will require some assembly. Make sure it to read instructions and
· Reliability – it is important to research the track
record of a propane lantern you are considering. Some of these lanterns
have a long proven track record, but others do not.
· Make sure you understand how many mantles are required
and if your propane camping lantern requires batteries for ignition
or a match and pump.
· Size – propane lanterns come in many sizes. The smallest
are suitable for one person and larger models will offer light for
a big group.
There are several advantages of propane camping lanterns. There are
well known brands that have been offering great features for many,
many years. Some of these features include:
· Adjustable flame -- the dimmer knob gives you more control
over the brightness and dimness of the light emitting from the propane
· Propane gas is relatively inexpensive when compared with
vast amounts of large batteries that some other lanterns require.
· Propane lanterns have been around a very long time; hence
there is a plethora of models on the market today with various desirable
features to grab your fancy.
As with any purchase, it is important to understand any risks and
negative sides of a product; propane lanterns are no different.
These lanterns do come with caveats. For example:
· The propane camping lantern is noisy and this can be annoying
to someone who is unaccustomed to the buzzing hum.
· Propane gas is flammable, if you get it too close to a
fire, it will explode.
· The fumes emitted by propane camping lanterns have negative
effects on the respiratory systems – this is why you should
never use propane lanterns inside a tent or other enclosed space.
· When you run out of propane gas, you run out of light from
For those who choose the propane camping lantern, its familiar hum
often evokes nostalgia in those who have used these lanterns for years.
It is a part of the way camping was during many a childhood. To hear
that propane camping lantern and watch its glow across a picnic table
signified friends and family enjoying the great outdoors together.